PUBLIC CELEBRATION of the MASS at St. Patrick’s
· The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in effect until further notice.
· Those over age 65 and those with underlying health conditions will be strongly encouraged not to attend.
· Face masks must be worn and social distancing of six feet must be adhered to by those attending Mass.
· Entrance for Mass is only through the main doors of the Hall.
· Arrive a few minutes early to Mass, as you will be escorted by the ushers to designated seating.
· You are encouraged to carry hand sanitizer with you.
· The Sign of Peace is omitted entirely.
· The faithful may consider instead attending Mass on a weekday. (5:30 p.m. Thursdays with a reservation).
· It is also recommended to use the restroom at home before coming to church.
· The Choir loft is closed due to restrictions with social distancing.
· All the faithful should continue to follow hygienic practices at home: wash hands often, avoid touching the face, cover coughs and sneezes, etc.
· THERE IS NO PRE-DETERMINED TIMELINE for how long restrictions will be in place; further developments may allow for the loosening of restrictions or call for the tightening of restrictions.
MINISTRIES DURING COVID-19 PHASE II – At this time we are greatly limiting the number of people who are required to be in our churches. As a result, we are not utilizing Altar Servers, limiting the number of Eucharist Ministers of Holy Communion (EMHC), and only using one Lector at each Mass.
Children’s Lectionary will not be held during Sunday Mass until further notice.
St. Patrick’s Parish continues to slowly open to parishioners. We are so grateful to be able to welcome you back!
During Phase II of this pandemic, Parishes were asked to put a plan together on how they will safely bring up to 25% of the parishioners back. We believe we have a good plan to safely bring those that can attend an opportunity. Please call the Parish office at 482-6818 and leave a message with your name, number of people attending, your phone number and which Mass you would like to attend; Sunday 8:00 am or Thursday at 5:30pm. Reservations will be on a first come first serve basis. You will receive a return phone call within 48 hours to confirm your reservation. Bulletins to be left in the Hall and posting information on the website. Please be safe and stay home if you feel you are in the at risk group, showing signs of illness or have been in contact with someone with the illness or showing signs of illness.
In light of the Diocese’s current suspension of public Masses due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the fact that a majority of readers receive their copy of The Courier when attending Mass at their parish, the decision has been made to suspend physical publication of our diocesan newspaper until such time as parishioners are able to gather again for public worship. The Courier will remain available in its online format at www.dowr.org.
The weekly televised Mass will be station affiliates in the Rochester-Austin-Mason City market, as well as the Winona-La Crosse-Eau Claire market. The broadcast schedule is as follows:
The TV Mass can also be watched online anytime at www.dowr.org.
Under this difficult time we are all encountering, the decision was made to postpone the 2020 St. Patrick's Spring Fling from April 19th to Sunday, October 4, 2020. Keep your raffle tickets purchased, as we will conduct the raffle in October and all can enjoy a delicious breakfast, basket raffles, quilt raffle, children's games and a fantastic bake sale!! Keep us in mind to attend in October!!!
Children from age 3 to 6 hear and learn about the Gospel in a way that is understandable for them. All children at Mass are welcome to come forward before the Gospel is read and return after the homily. This is held at Sunday Mass throughout the year.
Generations of Faith is for all members and ages of the Parish. It is designed to educate our children and youth about the basics of our faith and allows adults to answer their questions about the Catholic faith, explain religious traditions and help them grow in their faith. It is held six times per year from September through March. Each session begins at 5:30 p.m.. with a potluck meal, followed by a program and is 2 hours in length. Session include "break away" time for the pre-school through grade school ages. No registration necessary.
Are you ready for our year on the Bible? Our theme for this season of Generations of Faith is The New Testament.
2019 - 2020 Schedule
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Wednesday, March 18, 2020