Church: In 1857 Lots 7 & 8 on Block E was sold by Mr. Thompson to Bishop Criton of St. Paul. The property was then deeded to the Parish in 1882 by Bishop Thomas L. Grace of St. Paul.
Father Michael Prendergast, pastor of St. Thomas, Winona, MN was entrusted in 1858 with the spiritual care of the Catholics in the Brownsville settlement.
The Sacrament of Confirmation to a class of sixty-eight adults and children on 10.22.1861 was preformed by The Most Rev. Thomas Grace, O.P., second bishop of St. Paul.
A brick building was erected by the congregation in 1871, under the direction of Father Patrick Ryan. The sacristy and the roof, destroyed by a fire in 1929, were repaired that year under the direction of Father Arthur Doran. A wooden framed church first occupied by the parishioners was located on the North West corner of Benton and 8th Street and was torn down once the brick building was constructed.
Sexton of the Cemetery:
Dan and Barb Hurley
To Make a Donation
Please indicate to whom the donation is honoring and by whom the donation is from. Donations can be sent to St. Patrick's Parish Office at 604 Adams Street, P.O. Box 155, Brownsville, MN 55919.
Directions: From Brownsville, head East on CTH 3 to just outside of city limits, take a right onto Cork Hollow Drive (gravel road), follow for approximately 4 miles, cemetery is on your left over a wooden bridge.